At Eugin, before starting the process, we analyse which treatment is the one that suits you best, for which we carry out an ad hoc diagnosis. Thus, in our clinics, In Vitro Fertilisation using egg donors has a pregnancy rate of 93% after three cycles, and of 59% and 83% at the first and second attempts respectively.
At Eugin, egg recipients receive treatment that is 100% personalised and caring, with all the required medical and technological back-up, as well as the emotional support of our expert team. During the entire duration of the treatment, we are right beside you.
We define as egg recipients all those patients who need eggs from another woman because they cannot conceive with their own due to a lack of them or poor quality. The women who need this technique can be divided into two large groups:
- Women without ovarian failure
- Women with ovarian failure
1. Women without ovarian failure
In this group we include:
- Women with primary ovarian failure. Generally these women are affected by gonadal dysgenesis due to either numerical or structural chromosomal alteration.
- Women affected by early menopause (under 40) independent of the cause.
- Menopausal women. EUGIN considers that women under 45 can undergo this technique. Regarding women who are between 45 and 50, each case has to be previously considered and evaluated individually.
2. Women with ovarian failure
In this group we include:
- Women with genetic anomalies whose own eggs should not be used in order to avoid pathologies in their children.
- Women with several failed In Vitro Fertilization attempts due to a low ovarian response, fertilisation or gestation failure after two or three tries (implantation failure).
- Women with hidden ovarian failure. These women need Assisted Reproduction techniques as their basal hormonal level is altered which may indicte low ovarian stimulation response for IVF.
- Women affected by repeated miscarriages which are caused by a genetic factor.
- To be between 18 and 35 years old.
- To not have any sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s): lues, hepatitis B and C, HIV, Chlamydia and gonococcus.
- To be free of any family illnesses which are passed on genetically.
- To be in good psychophysical health.
The average age of an egg donor at Eugin is 27.07 years and 52% of them have completed higher education. As far as origin is concerned, 84% of the donors are Spanish nationals, all of whom are resident in Spain.
Spain offers a more comprehensive law than other European countries, which has enabled our country to become a leader in egg donation. Eugin Clinic is probably the centre carrying out the greatest number of donation treatments in Europe, and our selection system is one of the most renowned.
The vast majority of egg donors are motivated by altruistic reasons. Some donors have previously been mothers and understand a woman’s desire to be one, or are sensitized because they have family members who have had difficulty achieving a pregnancy.
As for the profile of women who receive eggs and turn to In Vitro Fertilisation by means of donor eggs, the average age in our clinics is 42.
Eugin Clinic has a wealth of experience and carries out more than 3,500 egg donation treatments a year. There are many ways of fulfilling dreams and together we will find the treatment that best suits your needs.
Here at our clinics, we support our patients throughout the entire process, in which we use state-of-the-art techniques and technologies, implemented by a highly qualified team of specialists who are at the very forefront of their own in-house research.
If you would like to know more about our treatments, please don’t hesitate to consult our experts. We at Eugin want to help you in any way we can.